Thursday, October 28, 2010

My New Space

It's been a long time coming, but I finally have a beloved work space. On your left, you'll see a big desk where I do my Monday to Friday (and then some) work as a Senior Consultant, telecommuting for almost ten years. On your right is a big IKEA work bench laden with face paints and craft supplies.
It took having my 18 year old move onward and upward (and out of the house!) to university to free up the space. I sold off all the power tools I was finally resigned to not using to free up space in the garage for party supplies, stacked high in bins on shelving units. Another room, in the basement, houses more delicate party decorations.
But it's my work space that is the piece de resistance: shelves of loot bag contents, candy bins, prizes for every theme - everything now within arms reach.
I come from a cute office space built into the dining room closet and the dining room table as my craft area. When it was dinner time, I would clear everything into a laundry basket, only to retrieve it again to prepare for the party the following day.
A cluttered space is a cluttered mind and my mind is revelling in the new spaciousness and structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment